About Our Club > Optimists Club of St Jacobs
Our focus is on developing the youth of our community.
Optimism is not just a service club it is a philosophy of life.
We abide by a creed that is focused on an optimistic outlook in all things we do.
By applying that creed as we undertake positive service projects we aid and encourage the development of youth and in doing so, advance the well being of the community for all.
Our Optimist Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.